Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Australia Day!!

It's been a while since we last posted. :-) Oops.

I love public holidays! Today I went into the city and met up with Janani. We went to a few pubs that were playing the Triple J Hottest 100. The atmosphere was good fun. On the way home I saw the city parade as well. There was lots of people in the parade rollerblading and dressed as fairies. I don't see the relevance but it looked cool all the same.

For anyone out there that reads this and hasn't been in contact recently, Geoff got into Optometry!! We are both pretty excited about it. It's going to be a long slog of 4 years, but Geoff really needs a change in his career. Until uni starts he is still working part-time back in his old lab. Uni starts in late February. He is going to have to get textbooks, pay union fees and setup a desk. It has been a long time since either one of us has done anything like that!

Last weekend I had a beach fix at Wurtulla with my Mum and my brothers. The weather up until a few days before had been hot but (of course) we got all that rain and cooler weather as the weekend got closer. The weather up at the coast was alright though, it only rained for about 10 mins on Sunday. It was pretty windy but we got in two swims - one in the surf and one at the lake. It was just so nice being at the beach again. I hadn't been since before we went overseas. My aunty Jean was up at the house as well and it was good catching up with her.

So that's it for now. :-)

3 comments:

Robert said...

Congratulations Geoffo. Good news indeed.

geoffandel said...

Are you happy now, hey, punk? Just kidding. :-) I had no idea how to do tricky IT nerdy stuff like that. Had to get Geoff to help. :-)

chakra_9 said...

Just realised that I hadn't commented on this one!!! Well done tiger.