Wednesday, January 12, 2005

House hunting

Hey everybody I am now a receptionist/office type person. I will be working at the ski hill for a couple of days a week to start with and then hopefully they are finding a couple more days for me elsewhere up there, otherwise I will look for some work in town. At the moment I work when El has days off so it will evenings when we do stuff together. We will probably stay in Jasper until the end of the ski season(first week of may normally) and then continue our travels.
I have been looking at apartments to rent. Not a lot out there but I think I have found a nice enough place to stay. Will put in applications tomorrow hopefully.
It is not so cold today, only about -15 or so. We have acclimatised so much compared to when we arrived in Vancouver(it was +4C) there. The only thing that really makes you cold is the wind. We are mastering the layering of clothes. In a couple of days the wind chill will drop to the temperature to the -30s so that might not be the best to be out in.
I think the mountains have captured us. We aren't really thinking much of Toronto at the moment because of the scenery and the small town feel here in Jasper. Hopefully we will get along ok but all is good at the moment.
Hope everyone is nice and warm where they are.
Geoff (and El)

No comments: