Friday, February 18, 2005

Fitness Freaks and Freaks in General

Hey everyone,
Well, we've done it... we joined the gym. Probably not so much a shock for Geoff since he's done it all before. But it's new to me. So many machines... and I don't have a clue how to use them. hehe But I'm slowly learning about them all. With our membership we also get access to squash courts. Now that is a fun game. We have only done it once (but going again tonight hopefully). It's something I wouldn't mind starting up when we get home. :-)

I have an amusing story to share. My Mum is coming over to visit soon (yay!!) and we needed to round up a bed from somewhere. I saw an ad up at the shops about a moving sale and they had a mattress going really cheap. We didn't feel like paying good money to shift it home, so we decided that we would carry it ourselves. Geoff (aka pack horse) did a great job lugging this mattress on his head/shoulders down the main street of Jasper. It took about 20 mins to get home!! We got the funniest stares from people driving by and we couldn't stop laughing ourselves. Crazy Aussies, that's what we are!! :-)

One last thing to share with you all... I have now seen a pack-rat. At work we had a hole in the wall or ceiling and there was this little creature that kept coming into the photocopier room and startling people. It was doing a good job eating the flooring and phone wires as well. Well, they set up this live-trap to catch the little fella. I came into work on Tuesday and there it was sitting in the trap. About the size of a rat, with a bushy tail and big eyes like a possum. So cute. I think they were going to let it loose away from work. :-)

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.
Hope everyone is well.
Love El and Geoff

No comments: