Monday, March 20, 2006

Being sick. :-(

Hello, I'm bored. Geoff is at uni and I am having the day off from work because I'm sick. I haven't had a good cold for ages, I put this down to not having a Summer/Autumn transition since 2004. I always seem to get sick in March. Geoff was crook all last week, and I started to feel yuck on Friday at work. Typical form, getting sick on a Friday! I spent the weekend with a pounding head and no ability to taste food. I slept most of it, but there is only so much sleeping you can do before you get bored with it!

I would like to thank everyone who sent me birthday wishes on the blog! I had a good birthday - had cake at work which was a real bonus, and got to talk to Bron in Canada in the evening (which was midnight for her)! My Mum got me the coolest gift - 2 funky looking platters laden with all different types of fruit - she knows me well. :-) Geoff got me a HUGE box of choccies and a bottle of sambucca... ah, sambucca... I have only recently discovered how good it is. :-)

However, turning 26 had it's downfalls. I am now that much closer to 30!! It's funny, but ever since I turned 25, I have no longer felt like I'm at a good age. 24 just has a certain good feel about it, whereas 25 (and 26) just seem old. I shouldn't complain though. I know when I'm 40, or 50, I'll look back and wish I was 26 again!

Geoff and I have been looking at buying a new car. We have spent the last 5 or so Sundays at local car yards, without the annoying presence of salespersons. I am going to sell my baby to my brother Mark. My car has been making some strange noises lately, and I have to get the clutch and something to do with the diff replaced. In short, I'm going to be car-less for over a week and it's going to cost a packet. Damn cars. I have it booked in for Thursday. I just hope the mechanic doesn't find anything else wrong with it.

Last weekend we went to Dreamworld with Craig, Melissa, Karina and Buzz. I hadn't been since 2003 with Julia and Rachel, and figured that was a long enough gap to forget how bad some of the rides really are on your nerves and stomach! It was also Craig's first visit so he was suitably apprehensive! We managed to do the Giant Drop, the Tower of Terror and the Cyclone rollercoaster. I drew the line at the Claw! I discovered that I still cannot stand the giant drop, and we have the photo proof. Going to have to get Geoff to scan it in. I look like I have seen a ghost, my face is ashen and all droopy. Not one of my best looks. I still cannot get over how long the drop feels like, when it's only a few seconds! I also discovered, that when going on a rollercoaster and doing the loops, to keep your eyes open. It makes the experience far less scary.

Anyway, by the end of the day, all your glucose stores are all used up from all the adrenaline rushes. We hit the lolly store and the ice cream shop, and all was good. And we also stopped at the Yatala pie place for dinner. Yummm...

So that's about it for now.

2 comments:

Bron said...

Glad to hear you had a good time at Dreamworld - remember when we went in '97 with Ben and the gang? Tehe, ah the memories...

That sucks you're sick - sometimes here you just can't seem to shake a cold. It hangs around for ages, never quite disappearing.

Ooo, I love the Yatala pies shop. Mmmm yum.

It great to read your blog posts!
Take care of yourself and that studying boy of yours :)

Love Bron

appletopping said...

mmmm... Yatala Pies.... *drool*

why do they taste so good?

I hope you're feeling well! I've only got a stuffed nose and throat atm, but am on leave now, so all good. :)