Friday, October 06, 2006

TGI Friday

Not that it has been a particularly arduous week or anything. I did however set a new record for myself by doing 35 RNA extractions and cDNA syntheses(?) which wasn't a whole lot of fun. Mmm, repetetive pipetting, what more could you want?

Geoff also had a fairly busy week, with the handing in of 2 major assignments and also assisting with a root canal procedure this afternoon. He tells me it was interesting. I still can't believe he can watch stuff like that without the need to gag!!

Anyway, enough about work and uni. Tonight we are having a BBQ dinner which is something guaranteed to put me in a great mood. I don't know, but there is something very therapeutic about cooking a hunk of meat outside, having a few drinkies and listening to the radio, whilst slapping off mossies. Gotta love this time of year.

Our weekend is fairly busy. Geoff has a two day first aid course he has to do for uni. I have a friend's wedding lunch tomorrow and I'm going to see "Full Monty" at the Lyric theatre on Sunday. Will post more about these afterwards - hopefully with some photos.

Our thoughts are with Sally and Andrew as they rapidly approach "M-Day". M being of course, for Munchie. :-) How exciting. (Incidently Sally, the other night I dreamt you guys had a boy.). :-)

Anyway, time to open the wine. Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend. :-)

2 comments:

appletopping said...

Sounds like a great weekend! :) Can't wait for the pics. :)

And now you're in contention with Fliss who dreamt we had a girl... ;) I'm just wanting munchie to come soon... :D

earthkissed said...

I miss having a BBQ. We left ours behind in Brisbane, but it will definately come to nambour with us! I'm eagerly awaiting M-day too:)